In 1805, during the time of Lt. Governor Captain Jeff Galman of the American Army, the barangay was included in the old Kiangan. On provision of Executive Order No. 6 series of 1921, Hungduan was taken out of Kiangan and became a municipal district through Executive Order No. 33 s. 1923. One of its fifteen barangays is Barangay Bangbang further subdivided to three major sitios: Polod, Gode and Bangbang.
The barangay is bounded by Lingay in the North, Barangay Poblacion in the South, Barangay Maggok in the east and Barangay Hapao and Poblacion in the West.
Population: 832 (NSO 2010)
No. of Household: 146 (CBMS 2012)